Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I receive my paycheck at the end of the month. The "summary for {month}" widget is accordingly not very insightful. The widget only highlights my spending for most of the month.

I would like to have a similar insight, but one that resets the counters on the day I receive my paycheck: "Summary since last paycheck".

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If a customer has multiple years of transaction data in Cake, we should allow users to change the monthly insights into a yearly view.

Note: We will also consider introducing additional timeframes like weekly, every 3, or every 6 months.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to experience Cake also on my desktop. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
    Parked  ·  Peter responded

We are currently not planning to make a desktop version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

4. I would like to add tags (labels) to a transaction. This would allows me to create personal "categories" for transactions.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to add my investment a securities (brokerage) account account into Cake; automatically synchronizing my investments or financial assets.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

The current PSD2 legislation – which allows Cake to connect to current accounts – currently doesn’t support investment accounts.

We have accordingly parked this idea.

6. I would like to categorize my transactions using categories in the categorization model discussed in this idea.

Let us know what you think? What's missing? Or what's plainly wrong?

We will frequently update this model (based on your feedback).

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Development  ·  Peter responded

This feature lists the current categorization model. We will however continue to revise and improve this model.

If you have any feedback or suggestions related to the categorization model, feel free to add them in the comments of this feature.

7. I would like to set a category spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget in a specific category, the Cake app will inform me.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a user, I sometimes make a payment that, in practice, is not entirely all cost. I get partially or completely refunded for the payment, whether it’s from friends or family, or from a merchant after cancelling or returning my order.

I want to be able to link one or multiple transactions to each other, so that they cancel each other out. If for example I go shopping for - € 100, but later I return items and receive + € 50. The + € 50 transaction could be linked to the initial - € 100 transaction.

The linked transaction…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The current legislation doesn't allow us to connect to savings accounts. We can however track transfers to (and from) savings account.

As a user I want to manually define the amount of money on my savings/investment account. It should also be possible to update the amount of money on my savings/investment account (in case the amount on my savings/investment account is not correct). This will ensure that I see the amount of money in my savings/investment account in Cake.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Manually mark a transaction as a transfer so it is excluded from the spending stats. So it’s a fallback when the automatic detection doesn’t work for a certain transaction.

Note: We've changed the title of this description from "Mark transaction as a transfer" to "Exclude transactions from income/spending calculations". As this scenario might also apply for other scenario's (for example credit card top-ups on bank accounts).

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The transaction data we retrieve from banks doesn't always include all the required data. In most cases, this isn't a big problem... but when transferring money between your own accounts, this has a direct impact on the income/spending totals.

If Cake is able to detect a transfer between 2 accounts in Cake, the app doesn't consider this as either income or spending. It's simply considered as a transfer between your account.

As a user, I would like to be able to correct the data of a transfer when the account information is missing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to filter the views in Cake to show only a specific account, or a group of bank accounts. We will refer to this as account groups in Cake.

In the current implementation, I always see the view of all connected accounts. I would like to look at the details of a single account, or of a group of accounts; for example all personal, shared, or business accounts.

The views include the journal, and the insights and reports on the dashboard.

Note: We will introduce default groups for all personal and all professional accounts. In addition to this,…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to have expenses via meal vouchers and eco vouchers added to the app.

We're working on the following integrations:
    * Add Edenred accounts
    * Add Monizze accounts
    * Add Sodexo account

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
  15. As a user I would like to create chains of conditional statements to automate payment flows.

For example...
    * As soon as I receive my salary, transfer € 1.000 to our family account.
    * When I spend money at Starbucks, transfer € 1 to my savings account.
    * At the end of the month, transfer the remaining budget to my savings account.
    * Whenever I make a payment, round the amount up to the next euro and transfer these eurocents to my investment account.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to review the evolution of my account balance.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We have reviewed this idea in the past, but didn’t found it very insightful.

In most cases, a similar insight reveals a repeating shark fin pattern. On Payday, you typically see a big spike… and the rest of the month is a slower curve down.

We are looking for input when/how this would be insightful.

17. I would like to set a spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget, the Cake app will inform me.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a user, I would like the dashboard screen to give me a better insight into my spending, income and savings.

Note: We have identified that some users don't visit the detailed spending, income and savings dashboards. We will slightly change the design to tackle this.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to receive a push notification when the connection of my bank account has expired.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to be able to manually define the amount of months I still have to pay for a specific loan. This enables me to maintain a clear view on the number of payment months remaining for each loan.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?