Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I receive my paycheck at the end of the month. The "summary for {month}" widget is accordingly not very insightful. The widget only highlights my spending for most of the month.

I would like to have a similar insight, but one that resets the counters on the day I receive my paycheck: "Summary since last paycheck".

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If a customer has multiple years of transaction data in Cake, we should allow users to change the timeframe for which insights are shown. This would be for:

• Yearly
    • Monthly
    • Weekly
    • Last 30 days
    • Last 3 months
    • Last 6 months
    • Last 12 months
    116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Insights in Cake got a major redesign! 🥳✨

With the latest update you can see insights for specific merchants, categories or time periods 🙌 How much did you spend on groceries in 2021? 🤓📈

If you have feedback or suggestions, let us know on the Open Roadmap or via the app!

3. I want to see my total account(s) balance and the evolution over time. This will help me get a better picture of my current financial position. I want to know how am I doing compared to a certain point in time. E.g. see my balance is up by €100 since exactly 1 month ago.

I now can find the total of all my bankaccounts by clicking twice (journal, individual bank account, bank account). This should be available immediately in insights

This could be shown as a graph on the home-screen.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to experience Cake also on my desktop. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
    Parked  ·  Peter responded

We are currently not planning to make a desktop version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

5. I want to link refund or reimbursement transactions, so my insights are more accurate. If I get repaid by a person or merchant for a transaction that I had initially paid for, this should (partially) cancel out the original spending.

Examples are:
    - Getting reimbursed by friends/family (e.g. restaurant, shopping for someone else)
    - Getting a refund from a company (e.g. Zalando return, Coolblue)
    - Getting a cashback on a pruchase (e.g. at a store, Cake cashbacks)
    - Having a temporary charge on a card (e.g. Just-Eat, hotels, flights)

A €100 purchase with a €50 refund would be cancelled out…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to add tags (labels) to a transaction. This would allows me to create personal "categories" for transactions.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to set a category spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget in a specific category, the Cake app will inform me.

When setting this up, Cake should suggest to me a recommended budget based on peers or my historical spending.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to add my investment a securities (brokerage) account account into Cake; automatically synchronizing my investments or financial assets.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
    Parked  ·  Peter responded

The current PSD2 legislation – which allows Cake to connect to current accounts – currently doesn’t support investment accounts.

We have accordingly parked this idea.

9. I would like to categorize my transactions using categories in the categorization model discussed in this idea.

Let us know what you think? What's missing? Or what's plainly wrong?

We will frequently update this model (based on your feedback).

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Development  ·  Peter responded

This feature lists the current categorization model. We will however continue to revise and improve this model.

If you have any feedback or suggestions related to the categorization model, feel free to add them in the comments of this feature.

10. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

When I enrich a transaction (add merchant, location or category), I would like this to be visible in the Cake account from my partner.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to use the Cake app to pay at store payment terminals. This would add convenience and make Cake a hub for everything related to finances.

It could be identical to services like Google Pay and Apple Pay. Ideally, users should have the option to choose the card when initialising the payment. Maybe it could even be integrated with Cake Rewards for purchases at partners.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

An interesting suggestion! This will require partnerships with payment providers such as Worldline and Bancontact.

We will first focus our development efforts on other features and integrations, and revisit this idea later.

12. The current legislation doesn't allow us to connect to savings accounts. We can however track transfers to (and from) savings account.

As a user I want to manually define the amount of money on my savings/investment account. It should also be possible to update the amount of money on my savings/investment account (in case the amount on my savings/investment account is not correct). This will ensure that I see the amount of money in my savings/investment account in Cake.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to hide an incorrect transaction from my insights, because it shows wrong information.

Although we don't want to exclude transactions, we are working on different ways to 'correct' certain transactions. Some of the other features in development:
    - Linking transactions (e.g. refunds, reimbursements)
    - Mark as transfer (adding IBAN or categorising as savings)
    - Viewing insights with the option to temporarily hide categories (e.g. home)
    - Control the time period for the average calculation (e.g. last 6 months)

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to repeat a transaction using Cake, so I don't waste time filling in the details again.

This would copy all data from an existing transaction visible in Cake to a new transaction. E.g. for credit card payments, the structured remark would already be in place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to select 1 or more categories as favourite, so I can give transaction feedback more easily. Currently I have to retype my most used categories every time. Some quick selection options would make the categorisation less repetitive and boring.

Other types of quick selection categories could be based on:
    - Recently used
    - Most frequently used
    - Suggested by Cake
    - etcetera

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to mark internal transfers when Cake does not detect them, so my insights are more accurate.

Note: by adding all your bank accounts to Cake, we can automatically detect transfers. Adding your savings account will store the IBAN (until banks give full access to those accounts). Alternatively, you can categorise a transaction as 'regular savings', which will also exclude it from the spending/income insights.

If banks do not provide the correct data (e.g. no IBAN to detect), transfers can still show up in spending/income. As a user, I would want to correct the data of a transfer when…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a user I would like to create chains of conditional statements to automate payment flows.

For example...
    - As soon as I receive my salary, transfer € 1.000 to our family account.
    - When I spend money at Starbucks, transfer € 1 to my savings account.
    - At the end of the month, transfer the remaining budget to my savings account.
    - Whenever I make a payment, round the amount up to the next euro and transfer these eurocents to my investment account.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to set a general spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget, the Cake app will inform me.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to see a section with the reward offers that I could use at merchants nearby, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be relevant for me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to filter the views in Cake to show only a specific account, or a group of bank accounts. We will refer to this as account groups in Cake.

In the current implementation, I always see the view of all connected accounts. I would like to look at the details of a single account, or of a group of accounts; for example all personal, shared, or business accounts.

The views include the journal, and the insights and reports on the dashboard.

Note: We will introduce default groups for all personal and all professional accounts. In addition to this,…

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you may have seen in your app, Account Groups are live! 🥳

You can now separate your shared, business, personal or other accounts. 😎 Check it out or update your app to explore this cool new feature!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?