Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to experience Cake also on my desktop. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
    Parked  ·  Peter responded

We are currently not planning to make a desktop version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

2. I would like to sign-in to my Cake account using my ItsMe account.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

At Cake, we are targeting the European market.

As “ItsMe” is (currently) only a Belgian service, we will not be implementing this (at this time).

We might reconsider this decision in a later phase.

3. I would like to see how Cake uses my data. I would like to see in which anonymous Cake for Business reports my data is used.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

This request makes total sense. We aim to be fully transparent at Cake, and this includes the usage of your data.

We are investigating how we could implement this in the most useful, insightful and efficient way.

It’s definitely something we will be implementing. To be continued…

4. As the level of financial literacy is very low in Belgium, it is even more important that children get financially educated. Therefore, I would suggest, to make it possible for parents to add a 'child account'. In first instance, it is an account that will not be used in the calculations of income and spending of the parent. The child should have its own banking account and parents can look at this account of their child. Secondly, it would be very interesting if parents would be able to create an account for their child (with or without the need of…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

This is an excellent suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap yet.

Once this receives a sufficient amount of votes, we will revisit this idea.

To be continued…

5. I would like to have the Cake app also on my tablet. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning to make a tablet version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

6. I would manually like to add transactions to my savings/investment accounts. * This also includes importing data sets (from csv, or xml files).

Since PSD2 doesn't include savings/investment accounts, it would be nice to have a way of manually adding transactions for my savings/investment accounts.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently not in favor of allowing users to manually add transactions.

In our research we identified that less than 10 percent of our users would go to the extend of manually adding transactions.

In addition, manual entry could easily lead to serious mistakes. We believe that these mistakes could also be challenging to troubleshoot.

We will park this idea for now. In future, we might revisit this suggestion.

7. I would like to track my cash transactions (income/expenses) in Cake.

Note (Cake): We are trying to prevent any manual input, simply because only a limited set of people have the stamina to continue to do this. We need to prevent that the app gets messed-up by data that is not maintained.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

This is an excellent suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap yet.

To be continued…

8. Based on age, income, spending patterns, number of years left to work, inflation, salary raises, debt payoffs, I would like to see a projected future net worth at pension age (or other milestones).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

To be continued…

9. I would like to review the evolution of my account balance.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We have reviewed this idea in the past, but didn’t found it very insightful.

In most cases, a similar insight reveals a repeating shark fin pattern. On Payday, you typically see a big spike… and the rest of the month is a slower curve down.

We are looking for input when/how this would be insightful.

10. I would like to be able to manually define the amount of months I still have to pay for a specific loan. This enables me to maintain a clear view on the number of payment months remaining for each loan.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  2 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to share one of my bank account onto the Cake account of my partner. This would allow my partner to get a better overview of our family spending.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We currently don’t plan to implement this feature. We believe a “power of attorney” should be setup on the bank account (by the bank).

This would allow partners to gain access to the “account information”. (At the same time, this could also enable “payment initiation” services.)

12. I would like to add logos merchants. The logo would obviously have to be reviewed and approved by Cake. Upon approval, the logo would be visible to all users.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to donate my rewards to my charity of choice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New Idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see the timestamp when Cake successfully synchronized my bank account the last time.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap just yet.

To be continued…

15. I would like to be able to switch to a more serene theme. In the default theme, your using a youthful communication style with a lot of emoji. In this new theme, everything will be more serene.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap yet.

To be continued…

16. Whenever there are reservations on my bank account (for example when buying fuel for my car), I would like to see them. It's only important to show these prominently when my account balance (including the reservation) are close to zero.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We first need to investigate if banks are legally required to provide us this info (currently they are not sharing this).

Additionally we would like this suggestion to receive a sufficient amount of votes.

To be continued…

17. As I have the right to request all the information that Cake stores about me, I would like to click a single button and receive all this.

Note (Cake): The goal is to automate the (GDPR) right of access to personal data in our app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To be continued…

18. In case a user doesn't have a savings account stored in Cake, we don't want to shown an empty savings graph (in the savings dashboard). We should motivate the user to add a savings account.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, we’re not convinced that we should integrate these actions in the savings graph.

We will revisit this discussion at a later point in time.

19. I would like to be able to check if the Cake services are operational (including the individual interfaces to the Banks).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap just yet.

To be continued…

20. I would like to use the Cake app to pay at store payment terminals. This would add convenience and make Cake a hub for everything related to finances.

It could be identical to services like Google Pay and Apple Pay. Ideally, users should have the option to choose the card when initialising the payment. Maybe it could even be integrated with Cake Rewards for purchases at partners.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

An interesting suggestion! This will require partnerships with payment providers such as Worldline and Bancontact.

We will first focus our development efforts on other features and integrations, and revisit this idea later.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?