Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to see my total account(s) balance and the evolution over time. This will help me get a better picture of my current financial position. I want to know how am I doing compared to a certain point in time. E.g. see my balance is up by €100 since exactly 1 month ago.

I now can find the total of all my bankaccounts by clicking twice (journal, individual bank account, bank account). This should be available immediately in insights

This could be shown as a graph on the home-screen.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to use the Cake app to pay at store payment terminals. This would add convenience and make Cake a hub for everything related to finances.

It could be identical to services like Google Pay and Apple Pay. Ideally, users should have the option to choose the card when initialising the payment. Maybe it could even be integrated with Cake Rewards for purchases at partners.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

An interesting suggestion! This will require partnerships with payment providers such as Worldline and Bancontact.

We will first focus our development efforts on other features and integrations, and revisit this idea later.

3. I want to be able to repeat a transaction using Cake, so I don't waste time filling in the details again.

This would copy all data from an existing transaction visible in Cake to a new transaction. E.g. for credit card payments, the structured remark would already be in place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to select 1 or more categories as favourite, so I can give transaction feedback more easily. Currently I have to retype my most used categories every time. Some quick selection options would make the categorisation less repetitive and boring.

Other types of quick selection categories could be based on:
    - Recently used
    - Most frequently used
    - Suggested by Cake
    - etcetera

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to add my Openbank account into Cake. Also other EU banks should be supported.

https://www.openbank.es/en

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New Idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to be able to enrich transactions based on (parts of) the description. This will help me recognise and assign the right categories to specific recurring payments.

For example: a transfer with the same or very similar description ( e.g. 'Pol.73187309 01/09/2021-30/09/2021 WONINGPOLIS'). Although the date in the description and amount always vary slightly, the transactions are related.

Now it only shows 'add all transactions from KBC to this category'. But because KBC is the name of my banking/insurance company, not every transaction should have the same category.

Perhaps we could have a feature like 'add all transactions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I noticed that most of the merchants offering Rewards are situated in Flanders. I would like to see more from the Brussels region, where I live and work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to make instant payments via Cake, just like I can via my own bank's app.

Currently, if I initiate a payment from my ING account, these payments come in on Monday at the beneficiary. If the bank supports instant payments, I want this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a tricky one! Not every bank or type of account supports instant payments. Sometimes there is also a cost cost involved depending on the type of account.

We will explore how we can tackle this in the Cake app as part of the payments release.

9. I want to have biometric authentication enabled by default during the onboarding process, so I have a sense of security.

This will help me trust Cake and make me feel safe and protected. Currently, I have to enable this manually in settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New Idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  10. I want the ability to like/dislike an offer in my feed or on the Rewards tab, so these remain relevant and concise. Perhaps, I could indicate my preferences during the onboarding, to make the offers more relevant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a user, I would like to benchmark my spending by category against the Cake financial health model.

Note: The goal is to provide our users the ability to benchmark their spending. The "Cake financial health model" is based on best practice spending patterns. We are working with external organizations to create this model.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to sort a filtered list of transactions in Cake; for example sort on amount, date, category, merchant, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to round each of my payments up to the next euro, and transfer this spare change to one of my investment accounts.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to receive cashbacks when I buy a specific product from a Cake partner. This will allow me to save even more on my spending.

For example: Coca cola brings a new flavour to the market and decides to give a cashback when buying the product. This could be a partial or full cashback. Verification of the purchase would have to be done with receipts.

For reference: Scoupy does this in the Netherlands. https://scoupy.com/nl/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  15. As a user, I want to set up a Cake account using phone number, so that I can use it for other features.

Advantages would be:
    - automatic detection of SMS for verification
    - use for payment feature
    - use for syncing contacts

This would not require a separate password (when using verification SMS). Lastly, phone numbers are less prone to change compared to email addresses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to add annotations to a transaction. This allow me to write some personal notes related to a transaction.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be nice to spread single payments over a certain period of time, to get an idea of the real monthly costs. For example a yearly subscription shows an increase in the expense of the month of payment, while actually it's a cost spread over 12 months

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to see the reward offers grouped by type of event, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be interesting for me in a specific situation.

Examples could be 'travel abroad', 'birthday', etcetera.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to add logos merchants. The logo would obviously have to be reviewed and approved by Cake. Upon approval, the logo would be visible to all users.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  20. As a user, I would like to provide feedback on all the transactions that are still unknown in Cake. Ideally, I should be able to do this very quickly/easily (using suggestions offered by Cake), using a single flow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?