Open Roadmap - Cake

Open Roadmap - Cake

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I receive my paycheck at the end of the month. The "summary for {month}" widget is accordingly not very insightful. The widget only highlights my spending for most of the month.

I would like to have a similar insight, but one that resets the counters on the day I receive my paycheck: "Summary since last paycheck".

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Cake
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If a customer has multiple years of transaction data in Cake, we should allow users to change the monthly insights into a yearly view.

Note: We will also consider introducing additional timeframes like weekly, every 3, or every 6 months.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to add tags (labels) to a transaction. This would allows me to create personal "categories" for transactions.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to set a category spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget in a specific category, the Cake app will inform me.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The current legislation doesn't allow us to connect to savings accounts. We can however track transfers to (and from) savings account.

As a user I want to manually define the amount of money on my savings/investment account. It should also be possible to update the amount of money on my savings/investment account (in case the amount on my savings/investment account is not correct). This will ensure that I see the amount of money in my savings/investment account in Cake.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to filter the views in Cake to show only a specific account, or a group of bank accounts. We will refer to this as account groups in Cake.

In the current implementation, I always see the view of all connected accounts. I would like to look at the details of a single account, or of a group of accounts; for example all personal, shared, or business accounts.

The views include the journal, and the insights and reports on the dashboard.

Note: We will introduce default groups for all personal and all professional accounts. In addition to this,…

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a user I would like to create chains of conditional statements to automate payment flows.

For example...
    * As soon as I receive my salary, transfer € 1.000 to our family account.
    * When I spend money at Starbucks, transfer € 1 to my savings account.
    * At the end of the month, transfer the remaining budget to my savings account.
    * Whenever I make a payment, round the amount up to the next euro and transfer these eurocents to my investment account.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to manually define the amount of months I still have to pay for a specific loan. This enables me to maintain a clear view on the number of payment months remaining for each loan.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to set a spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget, the Cake app will inform me.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to add my credit card into Cake. This will allow Cake to split-up and integrate my individual credit card transactions.

Note (from Cake): We are awaiting the credit card interfaces of the banks to integrate credit cards. This will allow us to identify and categorize the individual transactions on a credit card statement.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

The European Bank Authority (EBA) has clarified to the banks that access to credit cards should be provided under the existing PSD2 legislation.

We’re expecting the first banks to start providing access the credit cards in early 2021.

12. As a user, I would like to benchmark my spending by category against the Cake financial health model.

Note: The goal is to provide our users the ability to benchmark their spending. The "Cake financial health model" is based on best practice spending patterns. We are working with external organizations to create this model.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be notified when Cake predicts a substantial upcoming transaction; this can be either income or spending.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to see the uncategorized category in the category spending insight.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to round each of my payments up to the next euro, and transfer this spare change to one of my investment accounts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to flag if a payment was made online. The goal is to review how much I'm spending online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to sort a filtered list of transactions in Cake; for example sort on amount, date, category, merchant, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to scan an invoice and initiate a payment transfer using any of the bank accounts I connected in the Cake app.

Note: We have already enabled this feature using the "Preview Program" (under "Settings"). You can scan any document, with a bank account (IBAN) number, to initiate the payment transfer. As only a limited number of banks currently support this functionality, we are using the preview program to collect feedback and share this with the banks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to see a summary or fun facts about my financials from this year. For example I would like to see where I shopped the most, how much rewards I earned this year etc.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like Cake to show me interactively tip of the week. This will test if I understand my finances.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?