Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to add tags (labels) to a transaction. This would allows me to create personal "categories" for transactions.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want to link refund or reimbursement transactions, so my insights are more accurate. If I get repaid by a person or merchant for a transaction that I had initially paid for, this should (partially) cancel out the original spending.

Examples are:
    - Getting reimbursed by friends/family (e.g. restaurant, shopping for someone else)
    - Getting a refund from a company (e.g. Zalando return, Coolblue)
    - Getting a cashback on a pruchase (e.g. at a store, Cake cashbacks)
    - Having a temporary charge on a card (e.g. Just-Eat, hotels, flights)

A €100 purchase with a €50 refund would be cancelled out…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to set a category spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget in a specific category, the Cake app will inform me.

When setting this up, Cake should suggest to me a recommended budget based on peers or my historical spending.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

When I enrich a transaction (add merchant, location or category), I would like this to be visible in the Cake account from my partner.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The current legislation doesn't allow us to connect to savings accounts. We can however track transfers to (and from) savings account.

As a user I want to manually define the amount of money on my savings/investment account. It should also be possible to update the amount of money on my savings/investment account (in case the amount on my savings/investment account is not correct). This will ensure that I see the amount of money in my savings/investment account in Cake.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to mark internal transfers when Cake does not detect them, so my insights are more accurate.

Note: by adding all your bank accounts to Cake, we can automatically detect transfers. Adding your savings account will store the IBAN (until banks give full access to those accounts). Alternatively, you can categorise a transaction as 'regular savings', which will also exclude it from the spending/income insights.

If banks do not provide the correct data (e.g. no IBAN to detect), transfers can still show up in spending/income. As a user, I would want to correct the data of a transfer when…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As a user I would like to create chains of conditional statements to automate payment flows.

For example...
    - As soon as I receive my salary, transfer € 1.000 to our family account.
    - When I spend money at Starbucks, transfer € 1 to my savings account.
    - At the end of the month, transfer the remaining budget to my savings account.
    - Whenever I make a payment, round the amount up to the next euro and transfer these eurocents to my investment account.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to set a general spending budget in Cake. If I go over this spending budget, the Cake app will inform me.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to receive a proactive message when Cake predicts a substantial upcoming transaction (income or spending).

I would like to be notified well in advance, so I can manage my budget accordingly. The higher the total of the upcoming transaction, the more in advance I would like to be notified.

E.g. For irregular upcoming payments such as tax returns or payments.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to have more control over when I'm alerted about bank account renewal. This will allow me to have a better user experience if my account is about to expire.

I don't want to renew my bank account 14 days in advance, because that will mean i'll have to renew earlier down the line the next time.

Depending on the bank (and difficulty of the renewal process), only a subtle reminder should be shown 2 weeks in advance. This label should bring me to the renewal process, not the transaction list. Several days before expiration, the alerts can become…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to see a section with the reward offers that I could use at merchants nearby, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be relevant for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to add my PayPal account into Cake.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to add my credit card into Cake. This will allow Cake to split-up and integrate my individual credit card transactions.

Note (from Cake): We are awaiting the credit card interfaces of the banks to integrate credit cards. This will allow us to identify and categorize the individual transactions on a credit card statement.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Peter responded

The European Bank Authority (EBA) has clarified to the banks that access to credit cards should be provided under the existing PSD2 legislation.

We’re expecting the first banks to start providing access the credit cards in early 2022.

14. I would like to flag if a payment was made online. The goal is to review how much I'm spending online.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to receive a warning about transactions that Cake detects as suspected fraud/phishing, so I can have peace of mind. These could be transactions above a certain amount, payments to unknown countries or counterparts or other unrecognised payments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to see more details about the reward offer from the overview, without having to click on the offer. This will allow me to evaluate more quickly which reward offers are relevant for me.

Examples could be: showing an image of the product, description of the merchant, etc. Meniga offers a good example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to indicate reward offers as favourites, so that I can access these at a later point in time more easily.

This filtering would also allow Cake to see what I am interested in, potentially resulting in more of the same reward offers or new partnerships.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to see a section with the reward offers that are most popular with Cake users, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be interesting for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to see a section with reward offers recommended for me, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be relevant for me.

This could be based on my previous spending or the result of quick 'polling' about my interests (other feature ticket).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to see a section with the reward offers by category, so that I can more easily view the reward offers that would be interesting for me.

This is currently possible in the list view only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?