Talk to Cake, ask for an update of my finances
I would like to have voice integration for Cake. This would allow me to ask questions like:
* Has my salary already been paid?
* How much can I still spend this week?
* How much did I spend this week?
* How much did I spend on groceries this month?
* How much did I spend at Starbucks last month?
In Android, we’ve setup the basic Google Assistant integration in preview mode.
Yves Claessens commented
Tagging along for Amazon Alexa integration.
+ I like the Salary notifications as suggested by Davy, if it doesn't fit the normal pattern, send me a notification. "Hey, it's the 28th and you haven't received your salary yet"
But for push notifications, there needs to be some sensitivity check. As you never know who's around... "You have a new notification from Cake, would you like to hear it?"
AdminDavy Kestens (Pastry Chef, Cake) commented
I'd prefer to have the Cake app do this proactively, based on contextual triggers. Most people won't start asking these questions themselves.
It would be nice if I got these type of push messages:
- "Ooh, big shopping day today! Watch out, you have 123 eur left to spend this week to make ends meet"
- "Hey, did you know you spent 221 eur more than usual on Groceries this/last month?"
- "Looking for ways to save? If you cut back on Starbucks only once a week, you'll save over 304 euros a year!"
So, in contrast to what Jorim commented, I feel it would be way nicer to have Cake tell you when your salary was paid, or better if/when it hasn't been paid yet, than to have to ask about it
Jorim Tielemans commented
A Google Assistant integration would be nice...
"Hey Google, talk to Cake!"
"Hey Google, ask Cake if my salary was paid."
"Hey Google, ask Cake when was the last time I visited a Starbucks"