Open Roadmap - Cake

Open Roadmap - Cake

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like Cake to exclude transfers between my own accounts. If I transfer money between two of my own accounts, I don't want this transfer to be counted as either income or spending.

Note (from Cake): This has been implemented, but there are two conditions to take into account:
    * You need to store all your accounts in Cake (they don't even have to be connected and synchronizing). This is the way to tell Cake that these are all your accounts, and excludes them from income or spending totals.
    * We have noticed that some banks currently don't always…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like transfers to (or from) my savings account not to be included in my spending (or income) totals.

Note: This has already been implemented. In order for this to work, you have to store your savings accounts in Cake. This way Cake knows that this is your savings account. We have written an extensive blog post on savings:

How to track your savings in Cake?
    https://blog.cake.app/using-cake/how-to-track-your-savings/

• It seems that some banks are not sending us the account number in a transfer. In this case Cake can not detect the transfer. As a solution, you can categorize these transactions…
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like Cake to exclude saving transfers. If I transfer money between a current and a savings account, I don't want this transfer to be counted as either income or spending. It should be counted as savings (either adding or removing savings).

Note (from Cake): This has been implemented, but there are two conditions to take into account:
    * You need to store our savings account in Cake (this doesn't have to be connected and synchronizing). This is the way to tell Cake that this is your savings accounts.
    * We have noticed that some banks currently don't always…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to store the number of my savings account into Cake. This would allow Cake to track transfers to (or from) my savings account.

Note (from Cake): As some countries restrict the implementation of the PSD2 legislation to current accounts, we might currently not be able to synchronize these accounts. In this case, Cake will already store the account number. This will enable you to easily enroll it at a later stage (when the interface of your bank becomes available). We will additionally use this account information in reports and insights; for example to exclude saving transfers between…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have improved the “Add Account” flow.

It’s unfortunately (still) not possible to connect a savings account in Belgium, but by storing the account number (of your savings account), Cake can track your monthly saving.

The new flow makes it easier to add a savings accounts.

5. I would like transfers to (or from) my investment account not to be included in my spending (or income) totals.

Note: This has already been implemented. In order for this to work, you have to store your investment accounts in Cake. This way Cake knows that this is your savings account. We have written an extensive blog post on savings, and the investment accounts work exactly in the same way:

How to track your savings in Cake?
    https://blog.cake.app/using-cake/how-to-track-your-savings/

• It seems that some banks are not sending us the account number in a transfer. In this case Cake can not detect…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to change the type of bank account: either set it as a current, savings or investment account.

The type will be used to detect transfers between your accounts, and for example exclude them from the weekly and monthly (cashflow) reports. We will additionally generate separate reports and insights for each of these respective scenarios:
    * The transfers between current accounts will be identified as transfers.
    * The transfers between current and savings accounts will be identified as savings.
    * The transfers between current and investment accounts will be identified as investments.

Note (from Cake): In the future,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For the accounts that connect with a bank (connected accounts), we’re no longer going to allow users to change the account type.

The bank provides the correct account type during the account synchronisation.

7. I would like to enable dark mode: use system (default) setting, or manually turning dark mode on or off.

Blog: Announcing Cake dark mode
    https://cake.app/2019/11/13/announcing-cake-dark-mode/

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to review the average income I earned in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the average income on a monthly or yearly basis.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to review the evolution of my spending in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize my spending evolution on a monthly or yearly basis.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to set several properties while adding a bank account:
    • the bank account type (current, savings or investment account),
    • and provide a friendly name for the bank account.

In case the account onboarding was successful, add a final confirmation screen (possibly with tips, next steps). In case the onboarding was not successful, display a friendly error message (including a nudge to contact support).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to blur all my sensitive data in Cake. This would allow me to share screenshots, or demo the application to family and friends.

This mode can be activated in the security settings, or by shaking the Cake app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to store the number of my investment account into Cake. This would allow Cake to track transfers to (or from) my investment account.

Note (from Cake): As the PSD2 legislation currently doesn’t support investment accounts, we might not be able to synchronize these accounts. In this case, Cake will already store the account number. This will enable you to easily enroll it in a later stage (when the interface of your bank becomes available). We will additionally use this account information in reports and insights; for example to exclude investment transfers between your accounts from spending and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have improved the “Add Account” flow.

It’s unfortunately (still) not possible to connect an investment account in Belgium, but by storing the account number (of your investment account), Cake can track your monthly investments.

The new flow makes it easier to add an investments accounts.

13. I would like to sign-in to my Cake account using my e-mail account and a password. If I forget my password, there should be an easy (and secure) way to retrieve my account.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to see the combined balance of all my bank accounts (providing me with my net worth at that given time).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you click on any of your bank accounts in the sub-header of the app, you can select “All accounts” in the top filter. The filter view includes the combined balance of all enrolled bank accounts.

15. I would like to change the name (alias) of my bank account. The name would be used everywhere the account name is displayed: for example in the sub-header of the journal, in transfer cards in the journal, in the transaction list screen, in the detailed transaction screen, etc.

This is particularly important when users have multiple accounts at the same bank.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to review the average spending in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the average spending on a monthly or yearly basis.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to review the connection status of my bank account. The consent to synchronize your account into Cake is limited to 90-days. This period is defined by the PSD2 legislation. As a user, I have to extend this manually.

There are 3 possible scenarios:
    * The account is “connected”, and we are synchronizing your bank account information into Cake.
    * The consent to synchronize your account is “about to expire”, your bank account information is still synchronizing into Cake, but this will expire soon.
    * The consent to synchronize your account is “expired”, we are no longer synchronizing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to review my total spending in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the total spending either for a specific month or year.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to review the average spending at a specific merchant.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to change the category of a bank account; either set it as a personal or a business account.

The daily, weekly and monthly status updates (in the journal) will currently only be generated for personal accounts. In addition only personal accounts can be used to collect Rewards.

The business accounts will be shown in the sub-header of the journal. The transaction list and detailed transactions are available.

Note (from Cake): In future, we will set this category automatically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?