Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I receive my paycheck at the end of the month. The "summary for {month}" widget is accordingly not very insightful. The widget only highlights my spending for most of the month.

I would like to have a similar insight, but one that resets the counters on the day I receive my paycheck: "Summary since last paycheck".

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If a customer has multiple years of transaction data in Cake, we should allow users to change the timeframe for which insights are shown. This would be for:

• Yearly
    • Monthly
    • Weekly
    • Last 30 days
    • Last 3 months
    • Last 6 months
    • Last 12 months
    116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Insights in Cake got a major redesign! 🥳✨

With the latest update you can see insights for specific merchants, categories or time periods 🙌 How much did you spend on groceries in 2021? 🤓📈

If you have feedback or suggestions, let us know on the Open Roadmap or via the app!

3. I would like to select the time range for which averages are calculated, so the figure is more accurate. Ideally this can be done independently for income, savings or spending.

Currently averages can be higher (because of outliers) or lower (because it looks at all historic data in Cake).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see the uncategorized category in the category spending insight.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to review the evolution of my income or spending over time.

This can be:
    - my general spending
    - a specific category
    - a specific merchant
    - a specific person

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show me a pie diagram, where I can see the amount of money I spent sliced by different categories; for example travel, food, alcohol.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your Cake app is getting better! 🙌

As part of our improved insights, we will introduce a simple pie chart to view your spending by category. 🎂

Combined with other features such as new timeframes or insights for specific categories, you will now be able to understand, control and improve your finances more than ever! 🍰

7. I want to see insights about income or spending for a single subject in a specific period. This could be for categories, merchants and people.

For example: review how much money I earned in total at my employer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to review a list of all transactions that still need enrichment information. This would allow me to quickly update all transactions and thereby get more accurate insights.

The information could be:
    - Missing places
    - Missing names (merchant/person)
    - Missing category (note: already implemented as filter!)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to review the average and totals of recurring payments in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the recurring payments on a monthly or a yearly basis.

Recurring payments are repeated payments on a fixed schedule, e.g. rent or electricity bill. I want to be able to manually mark transactions as recurring, so that the insights are accurate.

Note: The difference between recurring payments and subscriptions is simple. If you can easily cancel the service (for example Netflix or Spotify), we consider it a subscription. If you can’t, we consider it a recurring payment…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Get ready for new insights in Cake! 🚀

Our data team has been working hard on the detection of recurring payments such as rent, loans, electricity bills, … With our improved insights you will get new abilities to view your historical and expected expenses. You will love it. 🤩

Check out our public roadmap for more updates! 🍰

10. I want to compare my spending against a specific periods in the past. For example compare June 2021 to May 2021, or June 2020.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to review my spending at a merchant compared to my total spending in the respective category (of that merchant). For example; how much of my total grocery shopping do I spend at Carrefour?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?