Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to link refund or reimbursement transactions, so my insights are more accurate. If I get repaid by a person or merchant for a transaction that I had initially paid for, this should (partially) cancel out the original spending.

Examples are:
    - Getting reimbursed by friends/family (e.g. restaurant, shopping for someone else)
    - Getting a refund from a company (e.g. Zalando return, Coolblue)
    - Getting a cashback on a pruchase (e.g. at a store, Cake cashbacks)
    - Having a temporary charge on a card (e.g. Just-Eat, hotels, flights)

A €100 purchase with a €50 refund would be cancelled out…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

When I enrich a transaction (add merchant, location or category), I would like this to be visible in the Cake account from my partner.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to hide an incorrect transaction from my insights, because it shows wrong information.

Although we don't want to exclude transactions, we are working on different ways to 'correct' certain transactions. Some of the other features in development:
    - Linking transactions (e.g. refunds, reimbursements)
    - Mark as transfer (adding IBAN or categorising as savings)
    - Viewing insights with the option to temporarily hide categories (e.g. home)
    - Control the time period for the average calculation (e.g. last 6 months)

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to mark internal transfers when Cake does not detect them, so my insights are more accurate.

Note: by adding all your bank accounts to Cake, we can automatically detect transfers. Adding your savings account will store the IBAN (until banks give full access to those accounts). Alternatively, you can categorise a transaction as 'regular savings', which will also exclude it from the spending/income insights.

If banks do not provide the correct data (e.g. no IBAN to detect), transfers can still show up in spending/income. As a user, I would want to correct the data of a transfer when…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to flag if a payment was made online. The goal is to review how much I'm spending online.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to manage (change, review, update and delete) the feedback I provided on my transactions.

At minimum, I want to have a list of the contacts/merchants that I gave enrichment feedback about.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to reset the reset the feedback on a transaction; for merchant (who), category (what) and place (where) feedback). This for both feedback on a single transaction, as on similar transactions.

By having an overview of the transaction feedback history, I can easily see the changes introduced in the merchant, category or place feedback.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to split a transaction and assign separate categories.

This will split a single transaction and assign separate categories; for example you buy clothes and groceries in your hypermarket.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a user, I would like to provide feedback on all the transactions that are still unknown in Cake. Ideally, I should be able to do this very quickly/easily (using suggestions offered by Cake), using a single flow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to undo (remove) “apply to similar transactions” feedback. If I accidentally apply a vendor to similar transactions, I currently can't undo this action.

Example: PayPal is a vendor for many transactions. Of course, there is another real vendor like “coolblue” behind the transaction. I accidentally chose coolblue as default for ALL similar transactions.

The only way to make it undone is by changing it back to PayPal, but then ALL
    SIMILAR transactions are changed to PayPal.

Even after manually overwriting vendors again (on transaction level), it’s overwritten by the similarity rule. This means that once the mistake…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to select multiple transactions and share merchant, category or place feedback.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If a transaction is unknown to Cake, I want to have a single flow to provide all the necessary feedback. This includes:

• who? merchant/person
    • what? category
    • where? place/online
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to control the "categorization of similar transactions"; for example only apply the feedback to transactions based on the same bank account, the amount of the transaction, the date of the transaction.

This would work similar to filters. E.g. apply the category "Home insurance" to all transactions to my insurer with amount X.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  Peter responded

We have parking this idea for now.

We need to investigate how we could implement this, without making the “apply feedback to similar transactions” feature even more complex.

We will revisit this idea when we start working on the improved transaction feedback implementation.

• Don't see your idea?