Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1) I can find the total over all my bankaccounts by clicking twice (journal, individual bank account, bank account). This should be available immediately in insights (eg. additional item in the dropbox ; next to spending/income/saving/...)
    This is the most important info for me - how rich am I? ;-)

2) Another major insight would be - how rich am I compared to 30 days ago?
    Eg. your bank balance is 15.551 Euro. This is 100 Euro better than 17/04 (exactly 1 month ago ; this is a good comparison because a lot of costs/revenu are recurring at the same…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to setup some Cake widgets on the home screen of my smartphone:
    * the balance of any of my connected accounts
    * the most recent transactions
    * the current cashflow

This is only a preliminary list with some basic ideas; feel free to add additional suggestions in the comments!

These widgets should be resizable (depending on the launcher used).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented (Android)  ·  Peter responded

We have already implemented a first balance check widget in Android.

As time permits, the additional widgets (including widgets on iOS) will also be introduced.

3. In case a users has multiple connected accounts, the transaction history for each account might differ; for example...
    * the bank account "Alpha" has a transaction history of 10 years
    * the bank account "Beta" has a transaction history of only 5 years

The insights that include all the connected accounts should be limited to the shortest transaction history; in the above example...
    * the spending insight would only show the last 5 years

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although we understand some of the use case, we are currently not going to implement this. This feature could result in significant limitations to insights.

For example: a user has been at bank A for 10 years. She opens a new shared account with her partner and connects this one to Cake. This would limit all her historic insights and thereby result in a poor user experience.

Note: we will introduce features such as ‘calculate average based on last 12 months’ to tackle part of the problem.

4. As a user, I would like to see a more visual representation of the weekly and monthly summary. * The current version of this feature summarizes the income, spending or savings in a block of text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to see a summary or fun facts about my financials from this year. For example I would like to see where I shopped the most, how much rewards I earned this year etc.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to change the default widget in the header of the journal; for example set any of the following widgets as my default insight:

• "Summary for {month}"
    • "Summary since last paycheck"
    • "Savings summary for {month}"
    • "Savings summary since last paycheck"
    • "Income summary for {month}"
    • "Income summary since last paycheck"
    • "Spending summary for {month}"
    • "Spending summary since last paycheck"

Note: As the user returns into the app, Cake will display the widget the user previously selected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to see how much I spent on a specific activity; for example a daytrip, citytrip, holiday, visit the zoo, etc.

I would like to be able to manage these activities:
    - give a name to the activity
    - include/exclude transactions in an activity

• There's an analogy with google photos or apple photos: they also know when a set of pictures belongs to the same activity and will automatically bundle them in albums.
    30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to create insights for a custom period; for example show me my spending, my income or my saving from July 15th to August 15th.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to know how much I can safely spend; commonly referred to as a safe-to-spend budget. The available budget will take my income and spending into account (using a running period of 30 days), but also factor in my upcoming predicted payments.

It could give a weekly or monthly forecast.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to review the evolution of my budget (how much I can safely spend). The period can be changed to visualize the income evolution on a monthly or yearly basis.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to review how much I can safely save this month. The proposed savings should obviously take my entire budget into account; income, spending, recurring and upcoming predicted payments.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to perform a detailed comparison of two categories; for example compare my transport versus my groceries budget.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to review the evolution of my spending at a merchant compared to my total spending in the respective category (of that merchant). For example; how did the percentage of my total grocery shopping that I spent at Carrefour evolve?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to review the number of days before I will be receiving my next paycheck.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to review the total Cake earnings for a specific category. The period can be changed to visualize the total Cake earnings I collected for a specific category either for a specific month or year. For example; visualize the evolution of the survey earnings for the last 6 month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?