Open Roadmap - Cake

Open Roadmap - Cake

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to experience Cake also on my desktop. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Cake
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We are currently not planning to make a desktop version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

2. Manually mark a transaction as a transfer so it is excluded from the spending stats. So it’s a fallback when the automatic detection doesn’t work for a certain transaction.

Note: We've changed the title of this description from "Mark transaction as a transfer" to "Exclude transactions from income/spending calculations". As this scenario might also apply for other scenario's (for example credit card top-ups on bank accounts).

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, we are not going to allow users to exclude transactions from either income, spending or savings calculations.

This feature is too powerful. In case of mistakes it would be very hard to troubleshoot issues.

In a first iteration, we will implement a feature to correct transaction: https://feedback.cake.app/forums/924664-open-roadmap-cake/suggestions/41940874-correct-a-transfer-transaction

We will revisit this idea in a later phase.

3. Show me a pie diagram, where I can see the amount of money I spent sliced by different categories; for example travel, food, alcohol

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It would obviously make a lot of sense to introduce pie charts in a product called Cake, but…

In our research, we have discovered that the cognitive load it requires to read a pie chart is considerable.

You basically have to link the piece of the pie with the right subject, and compare this with other pieces… which you also need to link.

We respect a 3 second rule for understanding all Cake insights. The pie chart fails this test.

In future we might introduce pie charts when comparing 2 elements; for example providing an overview of irregular versus recurring expenses.

For now, we will park this idea.

4. I would like Cake to exclude transfers between my own accounts. If I transfer money between two of my own accounts, I don't want this transfer to be counted as either income or spending.

Note (from Cake): This has been implemented, but there are two conditions to take into account:
    * You need to store all your accounts in Cake (they don't even have to be connected and synchronizing). This is the way to tell Cake that these are all your accounts, and excludes them from income or spending totals.
    * We have noticed that some banks currently don't always…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like transfers to (or from) my savings account not to be included in my spending (or income) totals.

Note: This has already been implemented. In order for this to work, you have to store your savings accounts in Cake. This way Cake knows that this is your savings account. We have written an extensive blog post on savings:

How to track your savings in Cake?
    https://blog.cake.app/using-cake/how-to-track-your-savings/

• It seems that some banks are not sending us the account number in a transfer. In this case Cake can not detect the transfer. As a solution, you can categorize these transactions…
    7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would manually like to add transactions to my savings/investment accounts. * This also includes importing data sets (from csv, or xml files).

Since PSD2 doesn't include savings/investment accounts, it would be nice to have a way of manually adding transactions for my savings/investment accounts.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently not in favor of allowing users to manually add transactions.

In our research we identified that less than 10 percent of our users would go to the extend of manually adding transactions.

In addition, manual entry could easily lead to serious mistakes. We believe that these mistakes could also be challenging to troubleshoot.

We will park this idea for now. In future, we might revisit this suggestion.

7. I would like to share one of my bank account onto the Cake account of my partner. This would allow my partner to get a better overview of our family spending.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently don’t plan to implement this feature. We believe a “power of attorney” should be setup on the bank account (by the bank).

This would allow partners to gain access to the “account information”. (At the same time, this could also enable “payment initiation” services.)

8. I would like to sign-in to my Cake account using my ItsMe account.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

At Cake, we are targeting the European market.

As “ItsMe” is (currently) only a Belgian service, we will not be implementing this (at this time).

We might reconsider this decision in a later phase.

9. Show me a pie diagram, where I can see the amount of money I earned sliced by different income types.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It would obviously make a lot of sense to introduce pie charts in a product called Cake, but…

In our research, we have discovered that the cognitive load it requires to read a pie chart is considerable.

You basically have to link the piece of the pie with the right subject, and compare this with other pieces… which you also need to link.

We respect a 3 second rule for understanding all Cake insights. The pie chart fails this test.

In future we might introduce pie charts when comparing 2 elements; for example providing an overview of irregular versus recurring expenses.

For now, we will park this idea.

10. Please show the total amount of a specific selection (filter: period, merchant, category..)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an excellent suggestion, but in some cases it might also be challenging…

The filtered list could be extensive, and it would accordingly not be clear to provide this total.

We will park this idea for now. Once we review the filtering options, we will revisit this idea.

11. I would to relax the password rules (without reducing security). I would like a minimal length of 10 characters with two out of three rules: capital, number or special character.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like Cake to exclude saving transfers. If I transfer money between a current and a savings account, I don't want this transfer to be counted as either income or spending. It should be counted as savings (either adding or removing savings).

Note (from Cake): This has been implemented, but there are two conditions to take into account:
    * You need to store our savings account in Cake (this doesn't have to be connected and synchronizing). This is the way to tell Cake that this is your savings accounts.
    * We have noticed that some banks currently don't always…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to store the number of my savings account into Cake. This would allow Cake to track transfers to (or from) my savings account.

Note (from Cake): As some countries restrict the implementation of the PSD2 legislation to current accounts, we might currently not be able to synchronize these accounts. In this case, Cake will already store the account number. This will enable you to easily enroll it at a later stage (when the interface of your bank becomes available). We will additionally use this account information in reports and insights; for example to exclude saving transfers between…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have improved the “Add Account” flow.

It’s unfortunately (still) not possible to connect a savings account in Belgium, but by storing the account number (of your savings account), Cake can track your monthly saving.

The new flow makes it easier to add a savings accounts.

14. I would like transfers to (or from) my investment account not to be included in my spending (or income) totals.

Note: This has already been implemented. In order for this to work, you have to store your investment accounts in Cake. This way Cake knows that this is your savings account. We have written an extensive blog post on savings, and the investment accounts work exactly in the same way:

How to track your savings in Cake?
    https://blog.cake.app/using-cake/how-to-track-your-savings/

• It seems that some banks are not sending us the account number in a transfer. In this case Cake can not detect…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to change the type of bank account: either set it as a current, savings or investment account.

The type will be used to detect transfers between your accounts, and for example exclude them from the weekly and monthly (cashflow) reports. We will additionally generate separate reports and insights for each of these respective scenarios:
    * The transfers between current accounts will be identified as transfers.
    * The transfers between current and savings accounts will be identified as savings.
    * The transfers between current and investment accounts will be identified as investments.

Note (from Cake): In the future,…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

For the accounts that connect with a bank (connected accounts), we’re no longer going to allow users to change the account type.

The bank provides the correct account type during the account synchronisation.

16. I would like to have the Cake app also on my tablet. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning to make a tablet version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

17. I would like to enable dark mode: use system (default) setting, or manually turning dark mode on or off.

Blog: Announcing Cake dark mode
    https://cake.app/2019/11/13/announcing-cake-dark-mode/

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to review the average income I earned in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the average income on a monthly or yearly basis.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to review the evolution of my spending in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize my spending evolution on a monthly or yearly basis.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to set several properties while adding a bank account:
    • the bank account type (current, savings or investment account),
    • and provide a friendly name for the bank account.

In case the account onboarding was successful, add a final confirmation screen (possibly with tips, next steps). In case the onboarding was not successful, display a friendly error message (including a nudge to contact support).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?