Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to experience Cake also on my desktop. As this has a bigger screen the overview of transactions and spending/earning/saving will be more visual.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
    Parked  ·  Peter responded

We are currently not planning to make a desktop version of Cake.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… and we still have a lot of core features to build.

We will revisit this decision in a later timeframe.

2. I would like to review the evolution of my account balance.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We have reviewed this idea in the past, but didn’t found it very insightful.

In most cases, a similar insight reveals a repeating shark fin pattern. On Payday, you typically see a big spike… and the rest of the month is a slower curve down.

We are looking for input when/how this would be insightful.

3. I would like to use the Cake app to pay at store payment terminals. This would add convenience and make Cake a hub for everything related to finances.

It could be identical to services like Google Pay and Apple Pay. Ideally, users should have the option to choose the card when initialising the payment. Maybe it could even be integrated with Cake Rewards for purchases at partners.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

An interesting suggestion! This will require partnerships with payment providers such as Worldline and Bancontact.

We will first focus our development efforts on other features and integrations, and revisit this idea later.

4. I would like to be able to manually define the amount of months I still have to pay for a specific loan. This enables me to maintain a clear view on the number of payment months remaining for each loan.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  2 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to have biometric authentication enabled by default during the onboarding process, so I have a sense of security.

This will help me trust Cake and make me feel safe and protected. Currently, I have to enable this manually in settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New Idea  ·  0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  6. By analysing my spending patterns for vacations (expenses, number of people, activities done on various categories), I want Cake to suggest me which destinations or types of trips would be relevant for me. For example, a trip with similar budget.

It could be linked to the feature of analysing insights for a specific activity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to share a referral hyperlink for people to download Cake, so I can get more referral rewards. This will allow people to get rewards without the need to share a phone number e.g. for bloggers or influencers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have chosen to only work with phone number referrals for now. Unfortunately we don’t have unlimitted budget for referral payouts. Also, the phone number will make other features such as payments to peers more convenient.

Once the feature gets more votes, we could reconsider it!

8. I want to receive cashbacks when I buy a specific product from a Cake partner. This will allow me to save even more on my spending.

For example: Coca cola brings a new flavour to the market and decides to give a cashback when buying the product. This could be a partial or full cashback. Verification of the purchase would have to be done with receipts.

For reference: Scoupy does this in the Netherlands. https://scoupy.com/nl/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We currently use Trooper to collect money for our schools' parent association (as many others do as well).
    Currently, we are not having great results since most of the parents forget to go through the trooper website to "register" their purchase.

In an ideal world a collaboration between Trooper and Cake would be super, so that: As a user of Cake I can choose to donate my piece of the cake to my trooper association of choice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a user, I want to set up a Cake account using phone number, so that I can use it for other features.

Advantages would be:
    - automatic detection of SMS for verification
    - use for payment feature
    - use for syncing contacts

This would not require a separate password (when using verification SMS). Lastly, phone numbers are less prone to change compared to email addresses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to input/calculate my real estate assets and debts, so I can keep track of my net worth.

By adding my savings accounts or defining the 'current balance' (fixed), I would be able to see my total net worth at a certain point in time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good suggestion. However, our vision at Cake is to minimise the amount of ‘manual input’.

We might revisit this idea once we found good ways to project/track net worth (semi-) automatically.

In the meantime, we’ll be waiting for additional votes!

12. Would be nice to spread single payments over a certain period of time, to get an idea of the real monthly costs. For example a yearly subscription shows an increase in the expense of the month of payment, while actually it's a cost spread over 12 months

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want Cake to connect to the Notion API, so I can be notified when a client invoice is paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning to integrate with the Notion API.

As a start-up, our resources are unfortunately limited… Therefore we will focus on other core functionalities that offer value to a larger audience.

14. I would manually like to add transactions to my savings/investment accounts. * This also includes importing data sets (from csv, or xml files).

Since PSD2 doesn't include savings/investment accounts, it would be nice to have a way of manually adding transactions for my savings/investment accounts.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We’re currently not in favor of allowing users to manually add transactions.

In our research we identified that less than 10 percent of our users would go to the extend of manually adding transactions.

In addition, manual entry could easily lead to serious mistakes. We believe that these mistakes could also be challenging to troubleshoot.

We will park this idea for now. In future, we might revisit this suggestion.

15. I would like the member-gets-member program to reward both parties:
    * the person who invited a family member or a friends
    * the family member or a friends

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to add logos merchants. The logo would obviously have to be reviewed and approved by Cake. Upon approval, the logo would be visible to all users.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to share one of my bank account onto the Cake account of my partner. This would allow my partner to get a better overview of our family spending.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

We currently don’t plan to implement this feature. We believe a “power of attorney” should be setup on the bank account (by the bank).

This would allow partners to gain access to the “account information”. (At the same time, this could also enable “payment initiation” services.)

18. Add bills to be paid and set reminders so that we don´t forget to pay them.
    Another advantage is that you also can know then how much money you still have available for the running month.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to sign-in to my Cake account using my ItsMe account.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions  ·  Admin →

At Cake, we are targeting the European market.

As “ItsMe” is (currently) only a Belgian service, we will not be implementing this (at this time).

We might reconsider this decision in a later phase.

20. I would like to store promotion codes for online shopping or bar codes to use at the shops into Cake; for example at Booking.com, ICI Paris xl, Bol.com, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good suggestion, but we will not add it into the planning of the roadmap just yet.

Once this receives a sufficient amount of votes, we will revisit this idea.

To be continued…

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?