Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As a user, I sometimes make a payment that, in practice, is not entirely all cost. I get partially or completely refunded for the payment, whether it’s from friends or family, or from a merchant after cancelling or returning my order.

I want to be able to link one or multiple transactions to each other, so that they cancel each other out. If for example I go shopping for - € 100, but later I return items and receive + € 50. The + € 50 transaction could be linked to the initial - € 100 transaction.

The linked transaction…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have a shared/common bank account with my partner. We would like to share the transaction feedback for this bank account.

When I enrich a transaction (add merchant, location or category), I would like this to be visible in the Cake account from my partner.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manually mark a transaction as a transfer so it is excluded from the spending stats. So it’s a fallback when the automatic detection doesn’t work for a certain transaction.

Note: We've changed the title of this description from "Mark transaction as a transfer" to "Exclude transactions from income/spending calculations". As this scenario might also apply for other scenario's (for example credit card top-ups on bank accounts).

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The transaction data we retrieve from banks doesn't always include all the required data. In most cases, this isn't a big problem... but when transferring money between your own accounts, this has a direct impact on the income/spending totals.

If Cake is able to detect a transfer between 2 accounts in Cake, the app doesn't consider this as either income or spending. It's simply considered as a transfer between your account.

As a user, I would like to be able to correct the data of a transfer when the account information is missing.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like refunds to be connected to their corresponding transactions; for example my partner buys me a set of shoes, but I have to return them because they are too small. This connection, between a spending transaction and a refund, would enable spending insights to exclude these transactions.

If Cake can't do this automatically (based on the data in the transaction), I should be able to manually connect a refund to a transaction.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to flag if a payment was made online. The goal is to review how much I'm spending online.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to split a transaction and assign separate categories.

This will split a single transaction and assign separate categories; for example you buy clothes and groceries in your hypermarket.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to manage (change, review, update and delete) the feedback I provided on my transactions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a user, I would like to provide feedback on all the transactions that are still unknown in Cake. Ideally, I should be able to do this very quickly/easily (using suggestions offered by Cake), using a single flow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to reset the reset the feedback on a transaction; for merchant (who), category (what) and place (where) feedback). This for both feedback on a single transaction, as on similar transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to undo (remove) “apply to similar transactions” feedback. If I accidentally apply a vendor to similar transactions, I currently can't undo this action.

Example: PayPal is a vendor for many transactions. Of course, there is another real vendor like “coolblue” behind the transaction. I accidentally chose coolblue as default for ALL similar transactions.

The only way to make it undone is by changing it back to PayPal, but then ALL
    SIMILAR transactions are changed to PayPal.

Even after manually overwriting vendors again (on transaction level), it’s overwritten by the similarity rule. This means that once the mistake…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to
    - review all my contacts/companies (and search for them)
    - review all details of my spending/income with these contacts/companies
    - change the name and details of these contacts/companies

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to select multiple transactions and share merchant, category or place feedback.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to be able to review a list of all transactions that don't have a place associated to them. This would allow me to quickly update all transactions that are still missing a place.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to be able to review a list of all transactions that don't have a category associated to them. This would allow me to quickly update all transactions that are still missing a category.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If a transaction is unknown to Cake, we should introduce a single flow to provide all the necessary feedback:
    * who? the merchant/person
    * what? the category
    * where? the place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to review the feedback history for each transaction. The goal is to provide a clear overview of the changes introduced in the merchant, category or place feedback. I would for example be able to revert to a previous change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be able to review a list of all transactions that don't have a merchant associated to them. This would allow me to quickly update all transactions that are still missing a merchant.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to control the "categorization of similar transactions"; for example only apply the feedback to transactions based on the same bank account, the amount of the transaction, the date of the transaction.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  Peter responded

We have parking this idea for now.

We need to investigate how we could implement this, without making the “apply feedback to similar transactions” feature even more complex.

We will revisit this idea when we start working on the improved transaction feedback implementation.

• Don't see your idea?