Open Roadmap - Cake

Open Roadmap - Cake

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to setup some Cake widgets on the home screen of my smartphone:
    * the balance of any of my connected accounts
    * the most recent transactions
    * the current cashflow

This is only a preliminary list with some basic ideas; feel free to add additional suggestions in the comments!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Cake
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to flag if a payment was made online. The goal is to review how much I'm spending online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see am insight with the evolution of a single category (similar to the evolution of a single merchant that is available in the detailed transactions screen). This would allow me to easily review the evolution of a particular category.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see how much I spent on a specific activity; for example a daytrip, citytrip, holiday, visit the zoo, etc.

I would like to be able to manage these activities:
    - give a name to the activity
    - include/exclude transactions in an activity

• There's an analogy with google photos or apple photos: they also know when a set of pictures belongs to the same activity and will automatically bundle them in albums.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like Cake to count all reimbursements as a reduction of costs, and not as income.

The current implementation can inflate both the income and the expenses of a period. The goal is to allow users to more accurate analyze both spending and income.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to review the average subscription spending in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the subscription spending on a monthly or a yearly basis.

Note: The difference between recurring payments and subscriptions is simple. If you can easily cancel the service (for example Netflix or Spotify), we consider it a subscription. If you can’t, we consider it a recurring payment (for example your rent, or your electricity bill).

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to create insights for a custom period; for example show me my spending, my income or my saving from July 15th to August 15th.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the spending insights, I would like to be able to track the spending of a single category; selecting a category and review the evolution of the spending.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like refunds to be connected to their corresponding transactions; for example my partner buys me a set of shoes, but I have to return them because they are too small. This connection, between a spending transaction and a refund, would enable spending insights to exclude these transactions.

If Cake can't do this automatically (based on the data in the transaction), I should be able to manually connect a refund to a transaction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to review the average recurring payments in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the recurring payments on a monthly or a yearly basis.

Note: The difference between recurring payments and subscriptions is simple. If you can easily cancel the service (for example Netflix or Spotify), we consider it a subscription. If you can’t, we consider it a recurring payment (for example your rent, or your electricity bill).

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to know how much I can safely spend each week; commonly referred to as a safe-to-spend budget. The available budget will take my income and spending into account (using a running period of 30 days), but also factor in my upcoming predicted payments.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to review the evolution of my budget (how much I can safely spend). The period can be changed to visualize the income evolution on a monthly or yearly basis.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to review the total of my recurring payments. The recurring payments are repeated payments, normally paid on a fixed schedule. I am charged automatically for these items or services, and they are delivered to me on a regular basis. The list could for example include my monthly payments like my rent, or my electricity bill.

In order to ensure that transactions are correctly identified as recurring costs. I would like to be able to manually mark individual transactions as being recurring costs.

Note: The difference between recurring payments and subscriptions is simple. If you can easily cancel…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to review how much I can safely save this month. The proposed savings should obviously take my entire budget into account; income, spending, recurring and upcoming predicted payments.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to see the number of transactions per month on each bank account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re parking this idea.

It’s technically not hard to implement this, but we fail to identify the relevant use case.

We will revisit this idea at a later stage.

16. I would like to perform a detailed comparison of two categories; for example compare my transport versus my groceries budget.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to review my spending at a merchant compared to my total spending in the respective category (of that merchant). For example; how much of my total grocery shopping do I spend at Carrefour?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to review the evolution my recurring payments in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize my recurring payments spending evolution on a monthly, or even a yearly basis.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to review how much I can safely spend this week. The available budget should obviously take my income and spending into account, but also take my upcoming predicted payments into account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to review the evolution of my spending at a merchant compared to my total spending in the respective category (of that merchant). For example; how did the percentage of my total grocery shopping that I spent at Carrefour evolve?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?