Open Roadmap - Cake

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If a customer has multiple years of transaction data in Cake, we should allow users to change the monthly insights into a yearly view.

Note: We will also consider introducing additional timeframes like weekly, every 3, or every 6 months.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would like to be able to manually define the amount of months I still have to pay for a specific loan. This enables me to maintain a clear view on the number of payment months remaining for each loan.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see the uncategorized category in the category spending insight.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show me a pie diagram, where I can see the amount of money I spent sliced by different categories; for example travel, food, alcohol

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  Peter responded

It would obviously make a lot of sense to introduce pie charts in a product called Cake, but…

In our research, we have discovered that the cognitive load it requires to read a pie chart is considerable.

You basically have to link the piece of the pie with the right subject, and compare this with other pieces… which you also need to link.

We respect a 3 second rule for understanding all Cake insights. The pie chart fails this test.

In future we might introduce pie charts when comparing 2 elements; for example providing an overview of irregular versus recurring expenses.

For now, we will park this idea.

5. I would like to setup some Cake widgets on the home screen of my smartphone:
    * the balance of any of my connected accounts
    * the most recent transactions
    * the current cashflow

This is only a preliminary list with some basic ideas; feel free to add additional suggestions in the comments!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented (Android)  ·  Peter responded

We have already implemented a first balance check widget in Android.

As time permits, the additional widgets (including widgets on iOS) will also be introduced.

6. If you have months with an outliers, the average might be skewed. I would like the average to be representative.

For example; if someone buys a house... this might skew the average.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to see am insight with the evolution of a single category (similar to the evolution of a single merchant that is available in the detailed transactions screen). This would allow me to easily review the evolution of a particular category.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to see a summary or fun facts about my financials from this year. For example I would like to see where I shopped the most, how much rewards I earned this year etc.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In case a users has multiple connected accounts, the transaction history for each account might differ; for example...
    * the bank account "Alpha" has a transaction history of 10 years
    * the bank account "Beta" has a transaction history of only 5 years

The insights that include all the connected accounts should be limited to the shortest transaction history; in the above example...
    * the spending insight would only show the last 5 years

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I like how the cake app can show the average (category)spending/income/savings per month, but the average is often not really representative as it includes the full history of using cake. since my bank accounts were open pretty long before actively using it (before my working life), the averages shown are much lower than in reality.
    I think the average calculation could be improved by calculating a running average of the past 12 months as default, but ideally we should be able to configure this to our liking (e.g. show me my average income in 2018), as this can be very…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  Peter responded

This has been added to our improvements list. We will be addressing this in the next few releases.

11. I would like to see how much I spent on a specific activity; for example a daytrip, citytrip, holiday, visit the zoo, etc.

I would like to be able to manage these activities:
    - give a name to the activity
    - include/exclude transactions in an activity

• There's an analogy with google photos or apple photos: they also know when a set of pictures belongs to the same activity and will automatically bundle them in albums.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show me a pie diagram, where I can see the amount of money I earned sliced by different income types.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parked  ·  Peter responded

It would obviously make a lot of sense to introduce pie charts in a product called Cake, but…

In our research, we have discovered that the cognitive load it requires to read a pie chart is considerable.

You basically have to link the piece of the pie with the right subject, and compare this with other pieces… which you also need to link.

We respect a 3 second rule for understanding all Cake insights. The pie chart fails this test.

In future we might introduce pie charts when comparing 2 elements; for example providing an overview of irregular versus recurring expenses.

For now, we will park this idea.

13. I would like to create insights for a custom period; for example show me my spending, my income or my saving from July 15th to August 15th.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the spending insights, I would like to be able to track the spending of a single category; selecting a category and review the evolution of the spending.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please show the total amount of a specific selection (filter: period, merchant, category..)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to review the average recurring payments in a specific period. The period can be changed to visualize the recurring payments on a monthly or a yearly basis.

Note: The difference between recurring payments and subscriptions is simple. If you can easily cancel the service (for example Netflix or Spotify), we consider it a subscription. If you can’t, we consider it a recurring payment (for example your rent, or your electricity bill).

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to know how much I can safely spend each week; commonly referred to as a safe-to-spend budget. The available budget will take my income and spending into account (using a running period of 30 days), but also factor in my upcoming predicted payments.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to compare my spending against a specific periods in the past; for example compare my December spending against last year.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to review the total income or spending for a single supplier in a specific period; for example review how much money I earned in total at my employer (in a specific timeframe).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to review the evolution of my budget (how much I can safely spend). The period can be changed to visualize the income evolution on a monthly or yearly basis.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?